So of course everyone knows I don’t read many books I mainly watch horror movies but from time to time I try to expand my drunken brain. When I was contacted by the “Drive-in Horrorshow” guys: Greg Ansin and Michael Neel about they wrote book together of course it peaked my interest. And the book is damn interesting as it took me about six hours over a two day period to read it. The only other book I ever read that quickly or had a hard time putting down was Bruce Campbell’s first book. The first story “iThink the APP” is brilliant and will be a story you the reader will remember for years as it captures exactly what is going on with teenagers/soccer moms too and their cell phones. The next story is “The Crawlspace”, a kind of monster in the closet updated story of sorts. It brought back memories of that old “Tales from the Darkside” episode that Tom Savini made up this little creature/kid that lived in a closet. What makes the story different is the end twist. Third story “Trampoline Chainsaw Lovers” is homage to what we all fear about traveling circus or festival people? They are coming to get us at some point! The fourth story “Blackout” is more of a dream-like story or just what the inner devil inside of us would do if we didn’t think? This is a type of story that I think readers will have several opinions and will be seen differently by many. The fifth story “Plastic Island” is a story after my own heart as its post-apocalyptic/old school Planet of the Apes type kind of thing base on what is happening in one of the world’s oceans right now. The sixth story can be seen as Magic: The Gathering or Pokémon ran hell where an old man who used to torture people guides you the reader through this interesting universe. The seventh story “The Freak” is what most kids or adults over 30 or 35 years of age remember having that neighbor or person that had that weird story or may have killed someone at some point. The simple urban legend brought to life. The last story “Two Drop Donuts” could be a sequel to any of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre films if they had a cousin who made donuts for a small town. Maybe we can call it ‘Ed Gein 2: The Sequel’? Anyhow the stories are absolutely brilliant, creepy, fun, and entertaining. Greg Ansin and Michael Neel literally wrote a book of short stories that brought my inner 14 year old paperboy that would go to the video store in the late 80s out while reading this. Anybody that is able to do that with their project you get 4 out of 4 stars from me every time! Greg Ansin and Michael Neel are great filmmakers and great writers and any chance you get to see or read anything these two do you should jump on it immediately. This book would make the perfect gift for your special horror fan but also your kid, nephew, niece who is a budding horror fan.
Want to win a little holiday fear this season? Then enter the Infinite Santa 8000 Movie Book Giveaway, running from December 9th to 16th!
Infinite Santa 8000 is a web series and feature film about a cyborg Santa Claus who must fight mutants and robo-people to survive in a vast, post-apocalyptic wasteland. Horrorhound Magazine called it, “A heartwarming tale of holiday spirit, reindeer, and copious amounts of blood.”
Entry is free, and one grand prize winner will receive a limited-edition book of the Infinite Santa 8000 Movie! This book features full-color artwork taken directly from the film. It has all the explosions, mutants, and Christmas carnage a horror fan could ask for.
The grand prize winner will also receive a poster autographed by Greg Ansin and Michael Neel, the mad minds behind the Infinite Santa universe.
What’s more, every entrant automatically wins a DVD of the first six webisodes and a Christmas card from Infinite Santa himself.
1)You MUST BE SUBSCRIBED to the Infinite Santa Twitter and/or HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT to enter!
2) MUST be 18 or older OR have parent/guardian permission.
3) Contest opens: 12/9/16 Closes: 12/16/16
4) Open to US/Canada Residents Only
5) You can only subscribe and Follow/Like once, but you can Tweet daily for more entries!
6) Winner will be chosen at random, so the more entries you make the better your chances!
7) DO NOT get scammed! Winners will be emailed directly with address provided. We will contact the winners on December 17th, 2016 via email. If any winner does not respond by December 21st at 5pm PST, we reserve the right to hand over to the next randomly selected participant.
8) Winners will be announced publicly on December 19th and not before that date for ANY REASON! Winners will be notified via email and announced publicly on the Infinite Santa 8000 Twitter, Facebook, and Newsletter.
9) The prizes will be sent out as soon as possible. Due to the busy time of year, prizes are not guaranteed to arrive before Christmas. Please keep in mind if you intend the prizes as gifts.
Thank you and Good Luck!
October 20, 2016 – Boston, MA
Drive-In Horrorshow is proud to announce the Ghoulish Stories Giveaway, running from October 20th through 30th. The winner will be picked on Halloween!
Drive-In Horrorshow is currently releasing brand-new Ghoulish Short Stories! Each month, we publish a never-before-seen bloody tale from our archives, featuring killer pumpkins, hideous freaks, twisted slashers, and much more. They are free to read on Wattpad.
To celebrate our new tales, we’re running the Ghoulish Stories Giveaway! It’s free to enter, and three grand prize winners will receive a limited-edition book of six Ghoulish Short Stories! These will be printed exclusively for the contest, so the only way to win one is to enter.
Every entrant automatically gets a special prize: Ghoulish Story Trading Cards! Remember Fright Flicks horror trading cards from the 1980s? Our collectible Trading Cards were inspired by our favorite Fright Flicks that featured Freddy, Jason, and other horror icons. Each Ghoulish Story Trading Card features cover art uniquely created for each story by the great artists at our Drive-In Horrorshow Team.
Here are the contest details:
-Three grand prizes! -Limited-Edition Ghoulish Stories book -Signed Drive-In Horrorshow Soundtrack LP -Drive-In Horrorshow comic book -Collectible pins -Each entrant gets Ghoulish Stories Trading Cards -Duration: October 20-30, with the three grand prize winners chosen on Halloween! -Entry is free!
You can read all our brand-new Ghoulish Short stories on Wattpad.com or the Wattpad app, available for free on iOS or Android. To enter the contest visit http://www.DriveInHorrorshow.com
Contest begins October 20th, 2016 and ends at Midnight EST October 30th, 2016. RULES- 1)You MUST BE SUBSCRIBED to the Drive-In Horrorshow Twitter and/or HAVE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT to enter!
2) MUST be 18 or older OR have parent/guardian permission. 3) Contest opens: 10/20/16 Closes: 10/30/16 4) Open to US/Canada Residents Only 5) You can only subscribe and Follow/Like once, but you can Tweet daily for more entries! 6) Winner will be chosen at random, so the more entries you make the better your chances! 7) DO NOT get scammed! Winners will be emailed directly with address provided. We will contact the winners on October 31th, 2016 via email. If any winner does not respond by November 7th 5pm PST, we reserve the right to hand over to the next randomly selected participant. 8) Winners will be announced publicly on November 8th, 2016 and not before that date for ANY REASON! Winners will be notified via email and announced publicly on the Drive-In Horrorshow, Facebook, and Newsletter. 9) The prizes will be sent out as soon as possible. Fulfillment will most likely be the middle of November 2016 – please keep in mind if you intend the prizes as gifts. Thank you and Good Luck!
The contest, which will run through December 3rd, allows fans a chance to win limited edition prizes that will only be available through the contest.
Here is the list of prizes:
- The top three winners will get a limited edition VHS Package! This detailed, limited run collectible looks just like it came from the video store shelves – down to the weathered artwork, old-school design and rental stickers. But you won’t find a videotape inside – it’s full of trading cards, a zombie figurine, and loads of Infinite Santa 8000 surprises!
- The top three winners will also get DVD of the first 6 webisodes of Infinite Santa 8000 and a Christmas card from Infinite Santa himself!
- 12 lucky entrants will get a copy of the DVD and a Christmas card from Santa!
You can enter at http://infinitesanta.com/Contest.php until December 3rd. To enter you MUST be a subscriber to the Infinite Santa 8000 YouTube channel. You can only follow and subscribe to Infinite Santa 8000 once, but you can tweet about the contest as many times as you want for multiple entries.
For more details check out the rocking announcement video for the contest here
Infinite Santa 8000 is an online web series created by Michael Neel & Greg Ansin. The web series tells the story of Santa in the year 8000, a time of mutants and nuclear destruction. Santa is now a cyborg and has to fight to stay alive, as well as keep the spirit of Christmas going in a world without hope, filled with a wasteland of monsters. Check out the web series at https://www.youtube.com/user/InfiniteSanta8000
A Youtube page dedicated to one of my favorite independent movies of all time so do yourself a favor and go check this great page out: https://www.youtube.com/user/InfiniteSanta8000
Infinite Santa 8000 will be available on VOD December 3rd and streamed or for sale at iTunes and other online vendors. All the info is at: http://midnightreleasing.com/infinite-santa-8000/
Review from Gross Movie Reviews:
Infinite Santa 8000 (DVD) – What once started as a webisodes project from Michael Neel and Greg Ansin after their awesome independent anthology ‘Drive-in Horrorshow’ has now become a feature length animated film after two long years of hard work. And I am here to say the hard work paid off in this beautiful animated feature that features a Robo Santa a world that is far into a war torn future! This is the type of film that makes me wonder if the filmmakers behind it reach into a horror fan’s dark soul and bring to life something of the likes of Robo Santa. The film has a great and entertaining beginning that sets the pace for you the viewer of knowing what your brain is about to witness as Robo Santa is facing off a full robot in a bootleg Thunderdome. And they are fighting for meat as meat is scarce and the new money with the world looking like one big wasteland straight out of a ‘Mad Max’ film. But as Santa goes back to the North Pole with his Robo reindeer he knows he is going back to the one person who still believes. And her name is Martha. Martha is what keeps the old man going. But there is some who want to take that away from him and the menace that wants to take the happiness away is the “Creator” who made Martha. The Creator sends an evil bunny with exploding peeps, monkey men, and mutations, even Martha clones to kill Santa and steal Martha away only to destroy her for good. It is a holiday classic of good versus evil in this animated feature that is complete chaotic fun! It is not only one of the best independent films of the year but I am glad to say one my favorite horror films in the past few years. The dedication of Michael Neel and all who are involved with Burnt Reindeer Films should be proud of their project that I would put up there with the likes of ‘Heavy Metal’, ‘Fire and Ice’. What sealed the deal on this great film was the quote from Robo Santa in the film, “Just how I like my mutants, ugly, crispy, and dead!” That is perfection for me. Horror movie fans if there is one horror film you buy this holiday season it must be “Infinite Santa 8000” or Robo Santa and myself are coming Mad Max style down your chimney and throwing you in the bootleg Thunderdome! I give the film 4 out of 4 stars and it can be found at www.midnightreleasing.com and more info about Greg and others can be found at www.infinitesanta.com . If you need more look for the intentional or unintentional video game Gauntlet scene during the big fight between Robo Santa and Creator’s minions.