Los Angeles, CA – (February 8th, 2018) – With their diverse library of indie horror films continuing to dominate major digital platforms around the world, genre distributor Terror Films is currently seeking completed short films.These shorts will be used to enter the limited television series space.
The original series concept will be titled “Terror Films Presents: Terrifying Tuesdays.” This series will be comprised of six original, never-before-seen short films – presented in a weekly, episodic format. Each episode will be released as a stand-alone episode, once a week, every Tuesday for six weeks leading up to Halloween. On Halloween Day, Wednesday, October 31st, viewers will be able to binge watch all six episodes. Each episode would open with pre-produced prologue created by the label specifically for the series.
Although Amazon Prime is the current platform the series would be released on, the label isn’t ruling out pitching the final product to many of their other relationships, including: Shudder, Starz, Netflix and Hulu.
“This is our take on ‘Tales From The Crypt,’ if you will,” stated Terror Films President Joe Dain. “There are so many incredibly talented filmmakers out there. The level of originality and quality we have seen over the years with shorts has often surpassed what we see in full-length features. We not only want to give these filmmakers a real opportunity to have their short films showcased but wrapping them into a limited series format will allow us to elevate the marketing angle. We’re incredibly excited about the possibilities.”
Selected filmmakers will share in the revenue generated, either through a licensing deal secured by the label or from the Amazon Prime Revenue Share program.
Terror Films Executive and Head of Acquisitions Jim Klock will be overseeing the submission and selection process. Films will be subjected to very specific guidelines, which the distributor has provided below. The deadline to submit your completed short is June 1st, 2018.
- Inclusive of credits, shorts should be no less than 25 minutes but no more than 40 minutes maximum.
- Films must be 100% completed.
- Absolutely no scenes of violence towards women, excessive nudity, extreme graphic violence or overt visual gore.
- Shorts must not have had any online exposure at all! (YouTube, Vimeo, iTunes, Amazon, Festival or Filmmaker’s Website, Social Media etc.). Festival participation is okay but they must not have appeared online in any way.
- No science fiction shorts! We are looking for traditional horror. (hauntings, possessions, witches, deranged killers, etc.).
- You must own all rights to images, actors and music/score. “Festival Rights Only” will not be accepted.
- Only seeking English Speaking shorts. No foreign language films with/or without subtitles will be considered for this particular project.
- If you shot your film under the SAG New Media Agreement, filmmakers will be responsible for contacting SAG and paying any residuals from revenue received.
Copies of all executed SAG contracts must be available for review if requested.
- A 5.1 sound mix preferred but not required.
- All films subject to approval and acceptance based on all of the above along with a QC (Quality Control) report that shows that the film is technically ready to be delivered onto the Amazon platform.
- Submission Deadline ends June 1st, 2018.
If your film(s) meets the above guidelines, please submit it/them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If we’re interested in acquiring your film, someone from the Terror Films team will contact you. Please do not send emails requesting the status of your submission.
To learn more about Terror Films, visit: www.terrorfilms.net